Sunday, March 15, 2009

Garret's Eagle Scout Court of Honor


Garrett did it!! He finished his Eagle Scout Project thanks to the support of many of you our friends and family. We had a great Court of Honor on February 15,2009 in the Spanish Fork 17th Ward. The program was amazing. Our Bishop put together a slide show for opening ceremony, Events in Garrett's Life, and then the closing. It was so patriotic and touched my heart. You can't help but get emotional when your kids do something that is just one step closer to becoming the kind of person you want them to be. So many of our friend and family where here to support him in this. He recieved his eagle pin, then gave one to both Mike and me, then he had chosen someone that has been a mentor to him in his life. He chose his Grandpa Clayton, "because he always is there to teach him about the right things and always is a great example of what a man should be." He also said," Grandpa always tells me how special I am to him and how happy he is to have me as his grandson." I thought that this was so awesome and I don't think that Dad has taken his mentor pin off since that night. Congratulations Garrett!!

4 comments:

John said...

Gongratulations Garret. I knew you could do it.
John down in Florida

Brittney said...

how awesome! thats a great accomplishment! way to go!!

Ronda said...

congradulations Garret! I must say your kids are awesome, I miss having the twinners in YW.

SherRon said...

Hi Cody I found your blog from Tiffany Jones. I can't believe your kids are all grown, I guess mine are too. You look great and the new house looks fun. I remember when we moved it was hard. Very emotional and so much stuff over 20 years. It was great to d-junk. We moved about 4 years ago and I'm still trying to settle in. Check out out blog houghtonhappenings.blogspot.com