Sunday, July 27, 2008

Week Long Backpacking Hike

Monts scout troop has been on several overnight scout backpacking hike to prepare for the "Big One" . This weekend they went on a week long backpacking hike up to Tye Fork in Spanish Fork Canyon. They hiked to Strawberry, then around, and down to Diamond Fork. I think this was a brilliant idea. Sleeping quarters were less than desirable to me. Not my idea of the Marriott.We didn't have to ship them out of State with gas as high as it is, they were close enough that we didn't really have to worry, and the families were invited up the last night for dutch oven dinner that was wonderful.
We had B-B-Que boneless pork ribs, dutch oven potatoes, and cobbler.Talk about pigs. They did skits for us and told jokes. I was so fun. I can't even stand how dirty they were. They were so happy to see their families. The first day Mont cut his finger bad enough that he should have had stitches, but they just wrapped it (I'm sure with toilet paper) to stop the bleeding, put a bandaid on it and repeated these things when it started to bleed again. Welcome to the mans world of fixing cuts. I am surprised that the Duct Tape didn't come out. This is definatly not what I call fun, but the boys have loved it. I can't believe that someone who has such an attitude towards scouts, lets her child be so active in the program.

No comments: