Thursday, September 23, 2010

Frozen Fruit Cocktail

OK you guys!! Here it is and it is yummy!!

3 cups fresh peaches (sliced)
3 cups pears (diced)
1 20oz can cubed pineapple
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup frozen orange juice (Make it as directed and then measure out)
3 1/2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1 bottle marchino cherries (8 to 16 oz bottle, depending on how well you like them.
2 tsp fruit fresh
Optional: 1 large can mandarin oranges
2-3 bananas sliced

Mix orange juice, lemon juice, sugar and fruit fresh together in large bowl. Add fruit and stir. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes. Put in freezer bags or containers.

* I usually triple this recipe. How do I prepare my fruit? I just wash the peaches and put them in hot water for a couple of seconds, then put them in cold water. This makes it so that the skins just peel off. I just peel my pears. The best thing about this is that the pears do not have to be totally ripe to use them. I am not sure how everybody else prepares their fruit but this is the only way I know how. Any suggestions are welcome.

Happy Canning.

No comments: