Sunday, November 4, 2007

Trunk or Treat




Our Ward had Trunk or Treat for Halloween. Usually everyone just sits by their trunk and hands out candy. We decided that if we were going to do it, we would do it up good. We made a curtain out of old black material, the kids had cute it to make it look ripped, hung it at the back of my Yukon and turned on scarry sounds. Mont then was behind the curtain with dracula type hands and the kids would have to ask "The Hand" for candy. Mike was dracula, I was a witch (It didn't take much for me to get ready) and we had dry ice bubbling were the kids would get their candy. It was so much fun. The best part was the ones that were to scared to get the candy. All the kids love Mont and he would say to them, "Come here buddy. It's just me Mont". At that point, they would keep coming back. My friend Malesa and her family were right by us and she was the "Mad Scientist". She made them feel yucky stuff, like the inside of a pumpkin, spaghetti noodles, etc, before they could get their candy. We think that it would be great if everyone would do the trunk or treat with a little more fun themes. I usually do not let my kids trick or treat, but this year they definetly got plenty. Oaklee was a fairy, Morgan and Chloe were Salt and Pepper, and the rest of us were something different at each party. This was with no doubt the most fun Halloween we have ever had.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

You and Mike look awesome!(personally, I like the blue dress and the blonde wig look on Mike!) The whole car and spooky sounds on the radio sounds like so much fun! I wish we wold have gone to your wards trunk-or-treat!