Sunday, September 14, 2008

Kite Fest


So Oaklee had colored a picture for the Spanish Fork Kite Fest at school and had been telling me that she was going to win the contest> I didn't want to get her hopes up to high, so I kind of blew it off!!(No punt intended). I was at the orthodontist with Mont and she called to tell me that she had won and we needed to go up to the Fest to get her prize. I had Portia's kids and thought that we would just run up, get the prize, and come home. When we got there, it was wonderful.
She had won a kite, along with other kids from different schools and grades. I decided to browse the fest and see what other things they had. I didn't have a stroller for Sunny so was a bit hesitant, but we rode the golf cart to the top of the hill and walked down.
The kids played on the playground, had slushes, made kites, and we watched the kites. We spent 3 hours there and had a very relaxing. Congratulations to Oaklee. My kids are so lucky that they got their artistic talent from their dad. Everyone knows that their mother has none!!! Anyway, we had a great time and suggest that if they do it next year, everyone goes to see it.

3 comments:

Janet said...

awesome job Oakley!!!

Amy said...

How fun is that??? By the way Cody, you are artistic! PS You've been tagged! Check out my blog for the details!

Love ya!
Amy :)

the girl who knew nothing said...

Cody not artistic..I'm laughing right now. I think I need to check out the fun stuff you must have for fall. Go Oaklee!