Sunday, June 29, 2008

We're engaged!!


It was 15 years ago yesterday that Mike asked me to marry him. When he came to my apartment to pick me up for our date, there was another "Preppy" boy there to see me. I had already let the "Prep" know that I was going to marry the "Country Boy" and he thought I had lost my mind. Mike shows up with a dozen red roses and I quickly tore them apart looking for a ring. No ring... Then we went to "Olive Garden" and I hardly eat my food for fear that there was a ring inside of it. No Ring....The check came and still No Ring.... My grandpa was in the hospital in Payson so we went down to see him. I finally told Mike I was not going into the Hospital without my ring, so he took me to Payson Park, parked in front of the garbage can, and opened his glove box. There the ring was and it had been there the whole night. He asked me to marry him and I obviously said yes. This has definitely been a great 15 years and I am glad my answer was yes. We went to dinner last night and had time to reminisce about the past 15 years. It was great and I want Mike to know that I love him. He is the best husband for me and I am happy that he found me. (He is pretty lucky too)

4 comments:

Jen said...

Love the hair! Your a dolly! Congrats! I miss your cute little guts at work! Have an awesome summer!

L'erin said...

I also love the hair, and the garbage can. Congrats, this is so awesome! 15years?! It seems so far away to me (we're at 3 in aug) but i look forward to it because hopefully by then we'll have most the kinks worked out, not to be confused with kinky.

Nicole said...

Wow!! I love the hair!! It is so fun to look back at ourselves, it looks crazy now but it was so the thing then! Congrats on 15 years.. time does really go by fast, especially with kids. It's good to hear from you, that sucks and is scary about your infection, I hope it clears up soon. Your kids have sure gotten big, wow, 4 kids in braces, it will be nice to get them all over with together! Are you still working at the good ole office??

the girl who knew nothing said...

I love the pictures. Congrats...fifteen years. I'm so glad you found my blog!!! I miss seeing you. I'll have to come out and see what fun you've been up to.