Thursday, October 2, 2008

15 Years of "What"?


Today is our 15th Wedding Anniversary. I thought it was supposed to be "Total Bliss". Someone obviously forgot to tell us that there would be a few "Intermissions" along with "Family Fued", "Let's Make a Deal", and "Funniest Family Videos". If we knew then what we know now, would we still have taken the plunge? Of course we would have! We have definately had our trials but over all it has been a pretty great 15 years. I once had a friend that would say she and her husband had a pretty good fight last night. I never understood what that ment and hope I never feel that our fights and disagreements are "GOOD". Nothing comes out of them that makes you feel better. I want my dear husband to know that I love him very much and through the good times and the bad times, he has always been there to pick me up, apologize, and make things right. I couldn't have asked for a better husband, although I probably should have followed muy moms advise about "Marrying more in a minute than you could make in a lifetime." Love is blind and it is a good thing. We got married in the County Barn in Delta and my dad drove me to my wedding in his Model T Ford. I will never forget it although my dad had a heart attack the day before the wedding. He his my hero and I hope that I can learn from his example and advise on makeing marriages work. MIKE...... I love you and hope that we can continue to work out our differences. You are amazing and I am so thankful for you becoming active in the Church and guiding our family. You are a wondeful man and I LOVE YOU!!!

3 comments:

Chanda said...

Believe it or not yesterday I thought to myself "It is Mike and Cody's anniversary" I should have called ya! I remember your wedding because I missed my boyfriends birthday party to come. Priorities right! Anyway Congratulations! Love you guys! Chanda

Jodi said...

Congrats on 15 years! That's along time...and a lot of memories!

the girl who knew nothing said...

Yea 15 years. Good job for you guys! Love ya & Miss ya!!!