Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Tagged by Chanda

Thanks to Chanda for tagging me! I am supposed to post my fourth picture in my 4th folder. Now that takes me back a few!! My old computer died with all my files and I was able to have a friend take off all my pictures off that computer. I really contemplated on what picture to use but this one always touches my heart, and since it was my cute cousin that tagged me, I thought that we could all reminisce about our Grandparents. I have a real hard time doing this but wanted to write about one of the greatest people I ever knew and miss everyday. In fact, after all this time that she has been gone, I still cry at the very thought of her and miss her more than I can stand. There is no one that can mention her name that I don't get teary. I miss her especially this time of year and it's not the same without her here. Granny was the strongest, sweetest, and wonderful women ever. She always had us (her kids and grand kids) in her thoughts. She always worried about us, helped us and made sure that we had everything we needed, and sometimes things we didn't need. Porche wrote the cutest story about Granny in a pop-up book. Someday I hope we can all have a copy of it because it tells what kind of Granny she was.
This picture is of her and Grandpa's anniversary the June before she died. What a great picture of the both of them. Even though neither one of them felt the best, they smiled, had a great time, and let us spend a very important time with them. I hope that as we think about Grandpa Hoot and Grandma Holler, we can laugh and cry joys of tears for the wonderful heritage that we came from. I love all of you guys and send this to you with tears running down my face!! Your the best Grandparents any kid should ever have!! I tag Anne, Christy, Rhonda, Tiffany and mostly Aunt LeAnn!!

7 comments:

Jodi said...

What a great picture and story! Every kids deserves a grandma and grandpa like that!

Chanda said...

No Fair! You know it has been five years today that she died! What a great picture! I miss her so much! Your picture is so beautiful of those two! I can't wait to see her again! I know she is one of the angels among us!!!

Brandee Lloyd said...

What a great tribute to your grandparents. I lost my grandma this year and it is hard knowing that they are not going to be there physically for all the family functions anymore. Thank goodness for the plan of salvation!

The Church house said...

I just wrote my blog and thought that I would check on everyone. I am so excited to see that picture. I didn't have a picture of my mom that would upload. New computer. Thanks for the picture on your blog AND THANKS (ha ha) for tagging me.

Ronda said...

what a cute story. I love my grandparents too and cherish the time I get to spend with them.

Amy said...

Thanks for making me cry. There is nothing like a big dose of womanly hormones to give it that extra boost! ;)

Love ya! Amy

*Sarah Johnson* said...

Cody,
It is Sarah. I found your blog off of Brandee's How are you? I am going to be calling you in the next few days to order some Vinyl you are the best!!!